Customer service has significantly evolved past the days of call centers as the only means of communicating with a brand. As martech continues to advance, responding to concerns well is a simple expectation and customers are won over long before they purchase. Consumers want an almost immediate 1:1 conversation with a brand on any given channel. Rather than hiring more customer services employees, your brand can utilize Salesforce Service Cloud for optimal efficiency and customer experience.
Understand your objectives and goals
Today’s consumer is swayed by their experience with a brand, just as much as their experience with the product or service. So, rather than looking at customer service as a budget-draining effort, see it as an opportunity to win new customers and foster brand advocates. Start expanding your program by asking yourself questions, such as:
- Is the goal of your program to solve issues as quickly as possible?
- Do you want to be known for providing unparalleled customer service?
- Are you needing to help advise customers on complex products or features?
After determining what your objectives and goals are, you can develop an incentivization strategy that is directly tied to that goal. If you aren’t sure where to start, keep reading.
Where to start
As I mentioned above, creating and scaling exceptional customer experiences isn’t always about hiring more employees. Service Cloud allows your team to operate efficiently, automate aspects of the process, and delight consumers at every step of the customer journey by connecting to Social Studio, getting Einstein up and running, and connecting Service Cloud to all your other systems.
- Get social: Your customers are on social media constantly, which means that’s where they want to interact with your brand and ask questions. Connect your Service Cloud instance to Social Studio to be able to identify customer sentiment and respond quickly to complaints, while automating much of the process.
- Invest in a chatbot: Digital customer service is all about efficiency and convenience for the customer. By leveraging Salesforce Einstein, you can create a chatbot that provides content, self-help options, and the ability to route customers to the right service agent.
- Go beyond a ticketing system: Connecting Service Cloud to your ESP, OMS, commerce platform, data warehouse, and other platforms allows you to capitalize on the wealth of data each platform holds. This gives your agents the knowledge to provide a better level of service.
Service Cloud Use Cases
- Leading aircraft company: DEG built a custom ticketing solution using Salesforce Service Cloud, and also documented existing business processes, standardized operations, and enabled real-time collaboration between the customer-facing and back-office logistical and booking teams.
- Entertainment Streaming Service: DEG implemented its proprietary Social Customer Care solution to automate the case-creation process, provide visibility across social media and customer service teams, and offer a single view of the customer.
- Children’s product brand: DEG upgraded the brand’s technology stack by implementing Service Cloud, Experience Cloud, and Social Studio to provide customer service reps with a scalable platform that allows for easy tracking and tagging abilities.
Start Optimizing Your Salesforce Technology Stack Today
Get a head start on optimizing your Salesforce technology stack by downloading this ebook and learning more about optimizing Service Cloud within your tech stack. You can also learn more about how DEG is one of the most accomplished Salesforce partners in the country as the leading Salesforce agency within dentsu.