If you’re a brand that made it through the trenches of 2020, we applaud your adaptability, perseverance, and grit. Now, you deserve a treat-yourself moment. Optimizing your Salesforce technology stack, or adding to it, will help you grow revenue, fill gaps in the customer journey, and give you back time in your day. But sometimes, untangling inefficient processes and workflows is daunting, so we’re here to help by figuring out if Commerce Cloud is a good fit for your brand and where you should start.
Three pillars to commerce success
Commerce Cloud is an essential component to any brand’s Salesforce tech stack. Whether you’re a B2B or B2C brand, your purchase and fulfillment processes should play a key role in turning customers into brand loyalists. Revisit these three pillars to commerce success before you switch things up.
- Personalized shopping experiences: Your customers may not know every product on your site, or which ones work best together, but you do. Every large ecommerce website should provide relevant product recommendations and an easy-to-use search functionality.
- Omnichannel fulfillment journeys: Consumers continue to enjoy having a variety of options in the buying journey. Given the emphasis being placed on convenience, brands should strongly consider online ordering, picking up in store (BOPIS), and curbside pickup capabilities.
- Agile scalability: Adding locations is how many companies choose to grow. The ability to sell products and services from locations with different languages, currencies, and tax formats should be down to a science.
If your team is running into obstacles with personalization, omnichannel fulfillment, and scalability, consider making changes to the way you use Commerce Cloud.
Where to start
Homing in on your site experience, content tactics, convenience, and faster processes are four key ways to optimize Commerce Cloud for your brand. And in a world where consumers have limitless buying options, every effort to gain an edge can make a difference.
- Focus on site experience: Regardless of what a customer needs, your site must be easy to navigate, visually engaging, and frictionless in your checkout experience.
- Fuse content and commerce: Engage with your audience while they’re already online and use compelling content to help them along in the customer journey. Consider applying tactics that help match products and consumers, as well as content that brings consumers together.
- Enhance functionality that drives convenience: Identify features of ecommerce functionality that would make your consumers’ lives easier, such as selecting curbside pickup, like we mentioned earlier.
- Accelerate your process: Many commerce agencies and solutions partners have accelerators that have been created, tested, and honed over hundreds of uses to help you along the way. Taking advantage of these solutions means having BOPIS live in two weeks instead of four.
Use cases for Commerce Cloud
Before jumping into new solutions, see how DEG utilized Commerce Cloud when collaborating with these brands.
- Living proof: With a lean ecommerce team, Living Proof sought help from DEG to build an integrated technology stack to streamline the processes behind a seamless customer journey, from acquisition to fulfillment. The DEG team helped integrate Living Proof’s Commerce Cloud site with Yotpo for accelerated growth with customer ratings, reviews, and referrals.
- Arizona State University: ASU came to DEG because it didn’t have the right tools to grow and was experiencing a 95% donor-abandonment rate. DEG knew that Commerce Cloud was the right solution to minimize the steps from the selection of a fund to the donation, minimize interruptions during subscription donation checkout, and provide a content-rich experience for donors.
- Global Guitar Brand: Despite being one of the best-known guitar makers in the world, this guitar brand lacked the type of international ecommerce experiences that allows for agile scalability. So, DEG and the guitar brand developed an initiative for the brand to launch both transactional and non-transactional direct-to-consumer websites for more than 40 countries and in eight languages on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform.
Start Optimizing Your Salesforce Technology Stack Today
Get a head start on optimizing your Salesforce technology stack by downloading our ebook and learning more about the four steps to get started with Commerce Cloud. You can also learn more about how DEG is one of the most accomplished Salesforce partners in the country as the leading Salesforce agency within dentsu.