DEG is seeking a Business Analyst to develop and manage requirements for a variety of client projects. The Business Analyst will focus on website, ecommerce, integration, and social media projects that will support a multi-channel strategy. This person will be expected to possess a functional knowledge of various platforms (particularly content management platforms), have experience defining and documenting business processes, and be familiar with functional specifications and system requirements. Therefore, it is imperative that this person be experienced with traditional Business Analyst software development methodologies.
The successful candidate will create accurate and complete specifications and deliver solutions that meet our client’s business requirements and goals. He/she will also know how to lead a team and interact with clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a person to solve business problems, design systems, and have a direct impact on client’s lives. This role is an excellent balance between technical and client interaction. DEG’s highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to work.
- Interpret business rules and requirements for technical systems and web-based projects.
- Convert detailed business rules into system requirements within an agile development team.
- Gather business and functional requirements following Scrum methodologies.
- Define and document data mapping requirements as it relates to the integration with all channel platforms.
- Analyze client web applications, and user and consumer processes.
- Create technical documentation and user requirements/project documents including Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Design Specifications (FDS), Site Maps, Wire Frames and test cases related to internet solutions.
- Assist in Integration and Acceptance Testing.
- Work with stakeholders and conduct User Interviews to assist in building strategies.
- Perform gap analysis to determine impacts of the future state requirements on current systems.
- Effective management of project scope through accurate documentation of requirements.
- Produce Process Workflow Guides to include standard templates for project briefs, project plans, requirements documents, specification and asset tracking sheets, status reporting and communication plans.
- Support the development of training and implementation material, participate in implementation, and provide post-implementation support.
- Create and maintain core operational metrics in support of production goals and strategies.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with websites and web-based projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems and the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong analytical skills, research and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and process definition and design.
- Experience delivering client facing projects leveraging an Agile Methodology.
- Experience with analyzing data and databases.
- Knowledge of database concepts including tables, fields, data types, primary keys, and foreign keys.
- Ability to write basic SQL for research purposes is preferred but not required.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company sponsored matching program
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.