DEG is seeking a Project Manager to plan, initiate, implement and manage web-based projects in an agile environment. The Project Manager will monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly proficient professional to cultivate business relationships and create and streamline procedures and processes.
DEG team members look to Project Managers for direction and leadership. That is kind of a cool spot to sit. Considered the best job in the company by those who enjoy working with multiple teams on a daily basis, including technical teams, business teams, and creative teams, as well as clients and their teams. Successful Project Managers will manage the balancing act to figure out how to best serve our customers as well as best serve DEG, all while achieving profitable delivery.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to work.
The Project Manager is responsible for guiding multiple projects through all phases of the project lifecycle and delivering projects on time and within budget. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Overall discovery, planning and execution of projects, including setting deadlines at each stage and critical outputs delivery.
- Develop or update project plans such as project objectives, proposals, estimates, technologies, specifications, and staffing resources.
- Manage projects to ensure adherence to timeline, budget, schedule, and scope while paying close attention to quality, detail, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure high quality deliverables are met from requirements definition through testing and deployment.
- Prepare project status reports and weekly status updates monitoring hours on projects measuring around projects through completion.
- Work with Project Coordinators and define project teams.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Create processes that improve project management and documentation efficiency, accuracy and reliability.
- Provide team leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing client facing projects based on a statement of work.
- Experience in managing competing priorities and customer expectations.
- 4-year degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience leading and managing interactive web projects in a digital environment.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience with all areas of planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Experience with customization around CMS/ecommerce platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of internet based systems and managing multiple projects through the SDLC.
- Strong analytical, research, and customer relation skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A diverse background that includes experience in both IT Consulting and Marketing Agency preferred.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce, and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development—all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess, and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged, and the workplace is vibrant. We think we’ve accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area’s “Best Places to Work” backs that up.
But how have we done it? It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
- Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO), company-paid premiums for all associates, and with no waiting period
- Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
- Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company sponsored matching program
- Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
- Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline. And, of course, there’s free soda, juice, and Starbuck’s coffee in our company coffeehouse. Every Friday, feel free to join us for our weekly Beer:30.